Settlement services

The staff at Eastman Immigrant Services (EIS)  is pleased to assist all newcomers with permanent resident status or temporary resident permit holders (study/work permits).  

If you are a permanent resident, please bring along your PR card when you come to our office for services. If you’re new to the region, a settlement staff can help you to settle and become part of your new community.

Our staff speak English, French, High & Low German, Russian, Portuguese, Spanish, Tagalog, Gujarati and Hindi.

Services that will help you settle:

  • Orientation about life in the Southeast Manitoba region

  • Assistance with Canadian Citizenship application

  • English language training referrals

  • Assistance with important documents such as: Manitoba Health, PR Card renewal, Social Insurance Number (SIN), Child Tax Benefits, and other applications.

  • School registration and adult learning referrals

  • Overview of Canadian law

  • Referrals to local organizations

Book now for an appointment with one of our settlement workers.

(204) 346-6609

Erna Friesen  

Settlement worker

Marcel Marinho

Settlement worker

COVID-19 health coverage-2.png

© 2020 Eastman Immigrant Services

A Steinbach Chamber of Commerce program


Follow us on:

  • Facebook Social Icon